THS Cat Chat

THS Celebrates SYATP

SYATP had a large crowd of elementary and high school students, as well as adults from the school and community.

Jalen Andrews, Managing Editor

On September 27, Thayer High School had its annual See You at the Pole, a student led prayer event that is held nationwide. It started at 7 a.m., and approximately 100 students and adults came to fellowship with each other and pray for our city and nation. There was worship music and a devotion led by THS Senior, Andrew Perez.  Also, breakfast was provided by generous parents.
See You at the Pole has been an event held at Thayer for many years, and it has grown quite a bit in the last few years. Attendance has gone up, and it is good news to Mrs. Charla Shrable, the Youth Alive sponsor. “I was definitely proud to see the attendance at See You at the Pole this year, and I was glad to see elementary kids here, too. That was a welcome sight and I hope that is something that grows every year,” Mrs. Shrable said.

Mrs. Charla Shrable welcomes everyone to the SYATP event. Photographer-Kelsey Barton

See You at the Pole is a student led event, and many students put a lot of effort into making this happen. “I was extremely proud of the students who worked so hard to put this on. There were many late nights for the band, and also many people helped set up the sound gear the night before,” Shrable said.
Not only did students attend, but pastors and parents from the community also came to pray at the school. Pastors from Thayer and Mammoth Spring were in attendance, and many parents of students came also.  “I am always glad to see pastors, adults, and many people from the community come to support us and bring us together,” Shrable said. “It is a great thing when we have outside support for our group.”
The 2017 See You at the Pole was a huge success for the students who helped to make it happen, and many people came to enjoy what they worked to put on. All of the students who came had a good time and listened intently to the speaking and music.

I was very happy to see all of the kids coming together to pray for our nation. It really warmed my heart.”

— Mrs. Charla Shrable-Youth Alive Sponsor