THS Cat Chat

Friday Night Lights at Home

Last Home Game and Senior Recognition Night

Seira Murray-Videographer

Back to Article
Back to Article

Friday Night Lights at Home

THS 2017 Senior Varsity Football Team

THS 2017 Senior Varsity Football Team

Photogapher-Kelly Steed

THS 2017 Senior Varsity Football Team

Photogapher-Kelly Steed

Photogapher-Kelly Steed

THS 2017 Senior Varsity Football Team

Jalen Andrews, Managing Editor

The Thayer seniors are playing their last regular season game on the Louis Bozman Field Friday night Oct. 6, where they will take on the Willow Springs Bears. While Thayer might host playoff games at home later on, this is the last time the senior Bobcats will participate in a regular season game in Bobcat country. The seniors have had a great career at home, and are looking to cap off their home dominance in style after a tough loss last Friday night. The senior night festivities will kick off at 6:15 p.m., and the game will begin at 7:00 p.m. as usual.

Last Friday, the Bobcats traveled to Ava to take on the class two state ranked Bears. The game was close, hard fought, and very competitive. The Bobcats went into the locker room at half time tied at 13 with Ava, but in the second half the Bears kicked it up a notch, and handed the Bobcat’s their first SCA loss. With the final whistle, Ava won 37-13, and continued their undefeated SCA run. The final score might deceive a person who didn’t watch the game, though, because it was actually a close, physical game for most of the night. Ava outlasted the Bobcats, though, and their stellar defense held the Bobcats to zero points in the second half. This is the second loss Thayer has suffered on the season.

Willow Springs, Thayer’s senior night matchup, has struggled this season in the SCA, and also outside of it. Willow is 1-6 on the season, and have struggled on both sides of the ball. They have won a single SCA game, against the defeated Cabool Bulldogs. This matchup looks good for Thayer if they can get back on their defensive dominance they showed before last Friday’s game. Look for an ignited Thayer defense, as they take out their anger from last week’s loss on the Cabool offense.

Since it is senior night, much credit will be given to the seniors at THS. Not only will the Thayer football seniors receive recognition Friday, but also the cheerleaders and band members who have worked so diligently in their high school careers. They will be recognized along with the football players at 6:15 p.m. on the field, so come support the seniors and give them credit for all of the hours they have put in to make Thayer High School a great place to learn and grow as a person. These seniors have put a lot of sweat into their talents, and they deserve to be credited.

Come out to the Thayer football field to support the seniors and all the other students who are working hard to be as good as they can at their trade. The team will take on the Willow Springs Bears, and the players would love to have your support. Thayer will look to dominate their last regular season home game, and there should be a lot to cheer about if you are a Bobcat fan (as usual).